Always Searching

Always Searching
(acknowledging Max)

Saturday, January 12, 2013

13 pieces of work

Oh how did it happen that is is now 2013?
And I still haven't published any work...

In fact, 2012 was the year of my desert.. dry, hot and arid with nothing written of any import. Even the urge to immerse had drained from my mind by the end of the year..

Maybe that means I'm not a writer at all.. I haven't even read as much of others' as I would like.
The pile of books on my coffee table, floor, is steadily growing and the dusting and polishing chores are getting harder and harder to manoeuvre. James Joyce, Hitchins and several poets including Dylan Thomas are all still waiting for my attention. The Art of War always gets a brief nod to keep my strategies in the midst of workplace battling alive and current..

I received the best Christmas present segueing into the best birthday present from the wonderful Selise - a means of encouraging and inspiring so I have to do her belief justice. She must have read between the lines of my letters.. (ah, I did do SOME writing..)

Funny thing is, I have already organised and commenced planning a body of work to be ready in 12 months. Nothing like setting yourself a challenge to make sure you actually do it. (my mother always did say that I liked a challenge.. perhaps she was right after all!)

So, in order to commence, recommence and reconnect with the habit, I shall bring this blog back to life and see what happens.

See you tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Firstly: You are and will alway be a writer. Whether you pick up a pen daily, or yearly. It's something within you, something you can't shake I'm afraid :)

    Secondly: Aw shucks. I really hope they help and I am SO excited about reading your new stuff!
    x

    ReplyDelete